Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day One - Shanghai (June 30, 2011)

Today we woke in the early morning hours and made it to the airport by 6:15am!  Thanks to a cup of tea, I was ready for the first leg which was a flight to Detroit.  We arrived with hours to spare before the flight to Shanghai.
True to my traveling karma, that plane was delayed due to a flat tire!  The plane was only delayed a few minutes and we were off . . . on a 14 hours flight!!
I arrived in Shanghai at 7:09pm (which is 7:09am on Friday in Maryland) and went through customs and immigration.  You can forget at home how helpful picture signs can be!  I have notice how important they are in being able to understand what is expected of you.
I changed some US Dollars in Rmb (Chinese money) which I have pictured.  I hope that I can keep track of it and not overspend! :)

The hotel for the night is really nice and I can't wait to get up early and begin exploring the city in the daylight!

No comments:

Post a Comment